So, here comes the first attempt at squeezing the magnificent Okoba station in some modelling environment.
Far from ideal, of course, but nevertheless a nice start.
What I like about this plan:
- It is relatively compact, would nicely fit on my Ikea 75cm table plus extension
- Only Tomix set A+B is required for the whole thing plus 3 switches
- Incorporates all the features of the prototype station and even has space for blooming plums
- The station tracks are long enough
What I don't like about this plan:
- No continuous running
- No staging areas (should consider using more track)
- Needless waste of space, whole rectangular blocks can be cut off
- The upper zig-zag track is only 280mm long, will exclude anything longer than two car DMUs
What to consider in the next version:
- Diagonal placing
- Longer holding tracks
- Staging yards at both ends or continuous operation.
- Possible connections for on-floor operation or another module